A kayaking trip through the heart of the Augustów Primeval Forest, with fallen trees by beavers and exciting locks on the Augustów Canal. Only wildlife around. Are you ready for an adventure?
10.30am-4.40pm - approx. 4,5 hrs kayaking
This is the most beautiful section of the Czarna Hańcza River, leading through the “heart” of the Augustów Primeval Forest. The river meanders in a serpentine among picturesque forests and marshy forest meadows. Away from buildings. Crystal clear water, birds singing and only wild nature around. Fallen trees time to time, the river rather narrow and many bends require more efficient of kayak maneuvering.
The route is recommended for those who have already kayaked and expect more adventure and fun; available for people with small children. The route is medium-level difficulty.
We provide 1-, 2- or 3-person kayaks, canoes, transportation, car parking (availability limited) in Augustów.
In summer, 1-day kayaking trips take place every day. The minimum number of participants – 8 ppl. Limited number of places.
For the other months, please contact our team.
You can book the kayaks till 6 PM the day before the trip +48 601 146 703
10.30 AM – meeting in SZOT Base in w Augustów; formality, short briefing
11.00 AM – departure to the start point – Dworczysko
An attractive part of the river meanders among the majestic, natural forests of the Augustów Primeval Forest – the second largest forest complex in the Poland. The river flows in a rather narrow bed, the current is gentle and safe. There are many bends on the route, some fallen trees, branches sticking out of the water. The most of them can be kayaked over, paddling skillfuly. For experienced kayakers it is a piece of cake, for beginners it is more adrenaline 😉
We start the kayaking trip in a small village and immediately enter the world of beautiful forest nature. The next village is not until in 10 km. There is charming and convenient place for a stop and a bath on the route after 5 km kayaking (three Oaks). The last two kilometers we kayak through the fascinating Augustów Canal regulated by historic, manually operated locks (must-see!). In total, we will rise over 5 meters. Attraction! In Mikaszówka there is an old wooden church built in the traditional architectural style, a perfect match for the wilderness of old-growth forests.
Duration: approx. 4,5 hours of kayaking.
04.40 PM – pickup from Mikaszówka and return transport to Augustów.
88 PLN / person in 2- or 3-person polyethylene kayak
83 PLN / person in a tandem laminate kayak COMFORT
106 PLN / person in a single polyethylene kayak CAROLINA/CUSTOMLINE
70 PLN / child under the age of 12 in 2- or 3-person kayak
55 PLN /child under the age of approx. 4 as a third person in a tandem kayak VISTA on an add-in kids seat
- seat in a kayak with paddling gear: Dr Kayak paddle, life vest, soft seat
- transportation of people and kayaks from SZOT Base to the starting place
- return transport from the end point (in accordance with the program) to SZOT Base
- kayaks’ launching fee
- short briefing before kayaking
Place at the parking area in SZOT Base in Augustów (availability limited) – for free.
- locks on Augustów Canal (2 on the route) – 4,70 PLN/per kayak/per lock (daily operated till 6 PM),
- dog’s / cat’s transportation fee – 20 PLN or in the case of a large pet requiring more space on the car floor – 45 PLN. Some buses do not have a lot of space between the seats. One has to have regard to other passengers’ comfort traveling in one transport. We DO NOT TRANSPORT dogs and cats in car seats. We DO NOT RENT life vests and seats for pets. Pets CANNOT kayak in polyethylene kayaks on soft seats.
- accident insurance (sum insured PLN 20,000) – 3 PLN / person / day. It is possible to buy insurance no later than 1 day before the trip.
- renting a waterproof bag (55l) or barrel (3,5l, 10,4l) – 7 PLN /trip (+deposit of 50 PLN)
- renting a sprayskirt – 3 PLN /trip (only for kayaks: CRUISER II, HORIZON, CAROLINA)
- available to purchase in the SZOT office: maps, waterproof phone cases, sun hats and raincoats
You are welcomed after the kayaking trip to the Villa Skomanda restaurant for lunch with a kayaker discount!
- Registration open every day, till 6 PM – you can book your kayaks even one day before the trip – +48 601 146 703 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Before starting the tour, a short briefing will be provided, organizational and safety issues; kayaking instructions.
- Attention! Participation in a one-day kayaking trip takes place at the participants’ own risk, in accordance with the regulations of one-day kayaking trips. Trip members must be in an appropriate state of health, which allows to participate in a kayaking trip. Kids and teenagers can take part in a kayaking trip only under supervision of their parents or legal age guardians.
- During the summer season, one-day kayaking trips take place every day. The number of places is limited. In the out of season, depending on interest. We organize kayaking trips all year round.
- For families with children up to 9, we offer 3-person kayaks CRUISER III
- For 3 adults, we offer 3-person FAMILY or TERCET kayaks
- For beginners and those who haven’t kayaked yet, we recommend easy and short routes, eg. Czarna Hańcza – easy (Wysoki Most – Frącki).
- We also offer individual organization of a one-day kayaking trip or organized option – with the guidance of a kayaking instructor or lifeguard. Please contact us by phone or email.
- We suggest you to take:
- drinks and lunch box for the road, there are bars or shops not everywhere,
- sun hat,
- lighweight hiking shoes,
- swimsuit for lovers of splashing in the water and a change of clothes is necessary. ATTENTION! dry clothes are required for transport by bus / coach!
- fingerless gloves (e.g. cycling gloves), if you want to squeeze the paddle bar too tight,
- a jacket or raincoat with a hood,
- and of course, a GOOD MOOD! 😉
We are a licenced touroperator listed in the Central Register of Tourism Organizers No. 17/00/04 issued by the Marshal of the Podlaskie Voivodeship and the Insurance Guarantee of the Insurance and Reinsurance Company UNIQA.
Life is simple. Just add water. Czarna Hańcza River 😉