Augustów Canal – a unique artificial waterway, on a European scale, which combines both natural forces of Mother Nature and the ingenuity of men.
9.00am-1.30pm - approx. 2,5 hrs kayaking
Augustów Canal – a unique artificial waterway, on a European scale, which combines both natural forces of Mother Nature and the ingenuity of men. It is a cross-border area which connects three borders, namely: Polish, Belorussian, and Lithuanian. Moreover, in 1968, the Augustów Canal was declared a monument of Polish technology. The Augustów Canal alltogether with Czarna Hańcza River is one of the most beautiful kayaking routes in Poland.
The route is easy, suitable for beginners and for young children.
Life is simple. Just add water 😉
We provide 1-, 2- and 3-person. kayaks, transportation, parking area in Augustów.
In summer, 1-day kayaking trips take place every day. The minimum number of participants – 8 people. Limited number of places.
For the other months, please contact our team.
You can book the kayaks till 6 PM the day before the trip +48 601 146 703 or firstname.lastname@example.org
9.00 AM – meeting in SZOT Base in Augustów; formality, a short briefing.
9.30 AM – transportation to the kayaking starting point – Gorczyca
The route goes along Augustów Canal, which is considered one of the greatest natural wonders of nature. It is surrounded by woods of Augustów Primeval Forest, and in 2009, it received a Golden Certificate of the Polish Tourist Organization. Moreover, in 2015, it became one of the “seven wonders” of Poland. The route is easy, with no current. The kayaking trip starts on Gorczyckie Lake, relatively shallow and narrow; later, it continues through a picturesque waterway shaded by drooping forest shrubs and trees; and it ends after completing a very long distance via the Czarnobrodzki Canal.
Duration of kayaking: approx. 2,5 hours
1.30 PM – pickup from Swoboda and return transport to Augustów.
55 PLN / person in 2- or 3-person polyethylene kayak
50 PLN / person in a tandem laminate kayak COMFORT
75 PLN / person in a single polyethylene kayak CAROLINA/CUSTOMLINE
45 PLN / child under the age of 12 in 2- or 3-person kayak
35 PLN /child under the age of approx. 4 as a third person in a tandem kayak VISTA on an add-in kids seat
- seat in a kayak with paddling gear: Dr Kayak paddle, life vest, soft seat
- transportation of people and kayaks from SZOT Base to the starting place
- return transport from the end point (in accordance with the program) to SZOT Base
- short briefing before kayaking
Place at the parking area in SZOT Base in Augustów (availability limited) – for free.
- locks on Augustów Canal (1 on the route) – 4,70 PLN/per kayak/per lock (payable on the spot; at the lock; daily operated till 6 PM),
- dog’s / cat’s transportation fee – 20 PLN or in the case of a large pet requiring more space on the car floor – 45 PLN. Some buses do not have a lot of space between the seats. One has to have regard to other passengers’ comfort traveling in one transport. We DO NOT TRANSPORT dogs and cats in car seats. We DO NOT RENT life vests and seats for pets. Pets CANNOT kayak in polyethylene kayaks on soft seats.
- accident insurance (sum insured PLN 20,000) – approx. 3 PLN / person / day. It is possible to buy insurance no later than 1 day before the trip.
- renting a waterproof bag (55l) or barrel (3,5l, 10,4l) – 7 PLN /trip (+deposit of 50 PLN)
- renting a sprayskirt – 3 PLN /trip (only for kayaks: CRUISER II, HORIZON, CAROLINA)
- available to purchase in the SZOT office: maps, waterproof phone cases, sun hats and raincoats
You are welcomed after the kayaking trip to the Villa Skomanda restaurant for lunch with a kayaker discount!
- Registration open every day, till 6 PM – you can book your kayaks even one day before the trip – +48 601 146 703 or email@example.com
- Before starting the tour, a short briefing will be provided, organizational and safety issues; kayaking instructions.
- Attention! Participation in a one-day kayaking trip takes place at the participants’ own risk, in accordance with the regulations of one-day kayaking trips. Trip members must be in an appropriate state of health, which allows to participate in a kayaking trip. Kids and teenagers can take part in a kayaking trip only under supervision of their parents or legal age guardians.
- During the summer season, one-day kayaking trips take place every day. The number of places is limited. In the out of season, depending on interest. We organize kayaking trips all year round.
- For families with children up to 9, we offer 3-person kayaks CRUISER III
- For 3 adults, we offer 3-person FAMILY or TERCET kayaks
- For beginners and those who haven’t kayaked yet, we recommend easy and short routes, eg. Czarna Hańcza – easy (Wysoki Most – Frącki).
- We also offer individual organization of a one-day kayaking trip or organized option – with the guidance of a kayaking instructor or lifeguard. Please contact us by phone or email.
- We suggest you to take:
- drinks and lunch box for the road, there are bars or shops not everywhere,
- sun hat,
- lighweight hiking shoes,
- swimsuit for lovers of splashing in the water and a change of clothes is necessary. ATTENTION! dry clothes are required for transport by bus / coach!
- fingerless gloves (e.g. cycling gloves), if you want to squeeze the paddle bar too tight,
- a jacket or raincoat with a hood,
- and of course, a GOOD MOOD! 😉
We are a licenced touroperator listed in the Central Register of Tourism Organizers No. 17/00/04 issued by the Marshal of the Podlaskie Voivodeship and the Insurance Guarantee of the Insurance and Reinsurance Company UNIQA.
Discover what nature and human genius created mutually 😉